Homemade Oat Porridge Mix – a fast, filling, protein rich and low GI breakfast in minutes. I am so so chuffed with this instant homemade oats recipe. And it really is instant! With all your ingredients on hand, this homemade oat porridge dry mix takes literally 5 minutes to blend. I say hell yeah to breakfast in an instant!
Ingredients for Homemade Instant Oat Porridge Mix
Firstly, this recipe incorporates so many nutritious and healthy ingredients. I used organic rolled oats with nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, roasted coconut flakes and coconut sugar for some sweetness. But, you can play around and add some quinoa, buckwheat, dried fruit and even some protein powder to suit your needs.
How To Make instant Homemade Oat Porridge Mix
Start off with getting all your dry ingredients together. You can toast your nuts and seeds before you start for that extra roasted flavour. But I used raw nuts and seeds in this recipe. I did however quickly roasted my coconut flakes (delicious) or you can use desiccated coconut.
Place ALL the ingredients in your blender and pulse until fine. You can totally leave it a little chunky if you prefer. However, I made my instant oat porridge fine enough to be added to smoothies, shakes and of course a yummy breakfast porridge.
How To serve and store Homemade Oats Porridge
Not only is this recipe healthy, with loads of fibre and protein, it’s also budget friendly. For example, just make a batch or two and then decide how you want to serve it in the morning. Store it in an airtight container for up to a month. Always check the expiry dates on the ingredients, if you need, you can store your container in the fridge to last a bit longer.
- Mix some instant oat porridge with yogurt or milk, fresh fruit and refrigerate in a glass jar overnight for a delicious Bircher Muesli inspired brekkie the next day.
- In addition, I love some good old oat porridge in the morning. Simply scoop 3 tablespoons of oat porridge mix with ¾ cups of milk of your choice and a teaspoon of vanilla essence. Next microwave for 1 minute, and mix well with a little more milk. Lastly, my favourite, is a spoonful of cinnamon coconut sugar or maple syrup.
- Last but not least, I also love adding a tablespoon of oat mix to my morning fruit or green smoothies. The result is a delicious thick and creamy drink, I am sold!
More Speedy Breakfast Ideas:
Sweet Potato, Mushroom and Onion Breakfast Hash
Tropical Turmeric and Coconut Lassi
Vegan Chickpea Pancakes with Date Caramel
|Prep Time||10 min|
- 4 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup raw nuts almonds, brazil nuts, hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes or toasted desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Place all the ingredients in your power blender and pulse until fine. Store in an airtight container for up to one month.
- To serve as a porridge: 3 tablespoons of oat porridge mix with 3/4 cups of milk of choice and a teaspoon vanilla essence. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring in between. Add more milk if needed. Add toppings of choice.
One word about this… YUM!!!
Thank you for sharing. Love having breakfast that quick and easy on busy mornings. Plus it’s healthy, nutritious and filling that give you energy for it. It is the best start to the day!!