This delicious Vegan Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry recipe needs to be on your weekly to-eat list! Seriously delicious and spicy coconut curry sauce with good-for-you cauliflower and protein rich chickpeas. It’s such an easy recipe to keep on hand to make for weekly curry night. Store leftover cauliflower and chickpea curry in the freezer to access for quick and wholesome lunches or dinner.
How To Make Easy Vegan Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
This vegan curry recipe is really so easy and simple to make. It doesn’t take long at all and promises to deliver a delicious punch in the flavour department! Best of all it’s one of those one pot wonders that just makes your life SO much easier. (Who needs the dishes, right?)
- First off, make the vegan curry coconut sauce by sautéing the onions, celery and spices until fragrant.
- Next you add a tin of chopped diced tomatoes and coconut milk. If you use whole spices you can blend the sauce with a stick blender to incorporate the ingredients.
- Allow to simmer a while before adding the cauliflower florets and chickpeas.
I used canned chickpeas that I drained and washed before adding to the curry coconut sauce. Simply cut the cauliflower into florets of equal size before adding it to the sauce.
- Cook the cauliflower and chickpea curry for a further 20 minutes until the cauliflower florets are soft.
- Finally, add a spoonful of coconut cream and serve with crispy chickpeas and finely chopped celery tops.
- You can serve your Vegan Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry with fluffy basmati rice or rotis.
Can you freeze Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry?
Yes! You can totally freeze this vegan cauliflower and chickpea curry for up to two months in the freezer. Just one more reason to make a whole batch of this warming and nourishing dish for those crazy busy days when you need some comfort.
Can you reheat Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry?
You can easily reheat frozen portions of this vegan curry either by removing a portion in the morning to thaw, then popping it in the microwave for a quick warm up. Alternatively, you can transfer the frozen portion to a small saucepan and let it thaw over medium heat until it’s heated up thoroughly.
Is Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry healthy and good for you?
Absolutely yes! As part of a balanced diet, this Vegan Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry is seriously good for you. With loads of nutritious benefits from coconut milk (with MCT- fats known to keep you saturated and aids in weight loss), you are also getting loads of fibre and protein with the cauliflower and chickpeas. Best of all, this recipe is completely vegan, dairy free and 100% plant base, and suitable for those following the high protein, low carb lifestyle.