Hey friends. Today I would like to share an awesome vegetarian meal Spicy Pattypan & Peas on Couscous. I made this earlier in the week for a Corporate Clients as a vegetarian lunch, and boy did they love it…
This meal consists of spicy Cajun grilled green pattypan with chopped onion and peas, served on a bed of buttery couscous. It is so simple to prepare, and the combination of these vegetables, with a little fresh basil, is just delicious.
Use the vegetables alone as a side dish to your Sunday lunch this weekend, or simply add grilled chicken strips or beef to the whole bundle – and create your own magic on a plate!
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, serves four.
It is a super easy meal, uber healthy and won’t waste too much of your precious time in the kitchen. Create your own version by adding more veggies of your choice. Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups couscous uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups patty pans chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups peas thawed if frozen
- 2 teaspoons cajun spice
- salt and black pepper to season
- fresh basil to serve
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the salt and oil. Add the couscous, remove from heat and leave to steep for two minutes.
- Then add the butter, and stir it in with a fork over low heat to separate the grains. Set aside.
- In an oven safe grill pan, add the chopped pattypan, onion and peas, sprinkle with spice and season. Grill in a hot oven until just soft and coloured.
- Serve on couscous with fresh basil.