We had some friends over a few days ago, a loud and wonderfully excited crowd, and we enjoyed a night of braaing, feasting and laughing. Those are the great nights.
All the women decided on the dinner, of course, (because that’s what we do) and we decided that a braai would be best with a few light sides. We decided on homemade garlic bread, a mixed green salad and delightful celery, apple and raisin salad. As always one of the girls’ tasks was to supply snacks, and we were treated to savoury biscuits, cream cheese, sweet chili sauce and mouthwatering pickled sweet peppers.
As usual, we over catered and at the end of the day had so much food left over we could feed a small army.
The best surprise though was the next morning when I realized half of the bottle of sweet peppers was stacked in the fridge with all the other heaps of leftover braai meat and salad. I was so stoked! My brain instantly thought of more than one way to use these delicious piquant peppers.
Although we had leftover braai for like three days in a row for dinner, the time has finally arrived for me to let my inspiration be my guide and a lovely summery salad of Sweet Pepper and Feta was born.
This fresh and healthy salad consists of a delicious bed of herbed greens, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, sweet peppers and delicious salty feta cheese. I just loved the combination of sweet yet spicy peppers with the creamy salty feta cheese. I almost finished the whole lot on my own!
|Prep Time||10 min|
- 4 cups lettuce any kind you like
- half cucumber cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 2 cups peppadew sweet peppers sliced
- 1 cup danish feta cubed
- salt and black pepper to season
- There really isn’t a method in my mind to make salad. Cut up, and chuck everything together.
- You can decide how many of each ingredient to ad here, and you can really add any other ingredient you like – but this combination of sweet and salty just hit the spot.