Comfort food at its best! This recipe of warm potatoes with bacon mushrooms and spring onion really is a great side dish for any main meal; I just make it a meal on its own!!
Great to accompany a braai, or any meat dish, potatoes with bacon, mushrooms and spring onion can be enjoyed warm or cold. It is easy, quick and versatile – add parmesan or grated cheddar cheese for even more indulgent taste.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 250 gr bacon chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125 ml heavy cream
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1 cup spring onions chopped
- Boil the potatoes until soft but still in tact, take off the heat and drain.
- Heat the oil and grill the bacon and mushrooms.
- Add the bacon and mushrooms to the potatoes, add the cream and mix it through.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the spring onion and serve.
Share this Recipe