Mini Meatballs for Toddlers
I know what a challenge it is cooking for fussy toddlers. I just can’t understand how they can be picky like that! One day crumbed chicken strips are their favorite, the next day they gag at the site of it! Really, if they just knew how delicious these foods are!!
But for a parent you always want the best for your child, try and feed them the healthiest snacks and make sure they take their gummy vites every day! The test to produce a healthy meal to a toddler really can get frustrating.
I have tried loads of recipes for toddlers, and would like to share the mini meatballs recipe. This recipe combines lovely beef mince, with a few pieces of vegetables, hid inside! The mini meatballs can freeze for up to 2 months.
It’s a great idea to make a load and toss them in the freezer for easy dinners for toddlers! Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 1 baby marrow, grated fine
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated fine
- A few small pieces of butternut, grated fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 20 ml oil
- Add all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and mix with your hand until incorporated.
- Roll small balls with meat and arrange in an oven pan. (oil your hands before you start to make sure the meat doesn’t stick to them)
- Sprinkle the mini meatballs with oil and bake for 20 minutes until brown.
My boy just loves these mini meatballs. The added advantage is that they at least get a little bit of veggies in as well. Serve with a lovely dip of tomato and mayonnaise sauce and let them eat their fingers off!