Hello October! If you feel like me and wondered where the hell 2013 went to, don’t despair. Holidays are literally a few months away and a beautiful South African summer Christmas is lurking around the corner. The last stretch guys…
Before we can totally let our hair down and such, there is still a last few weeks of grafting left, tension are bound to build up to boiling point at work, kids have exams laying ahead and our emotional state after a year of, well, life, finally reaches the edge of craziness. Should I ask what you will be making for dinner tonight?
I know you want to through that stapler right at your computer screen as you read this, and yes, it is ok to curse at me as I ask that dreaded question. Don’t worry; this recipe of Italian Baked Chicken will help make the task of cooking for the hungry crowds a breeze…
This recipe for Italian Baked Chicken is a healthy; flavoursome and easy meal that is prepared in… wait for it… one casserole dish! Score! Yes friends, literally combine all the ingredients in one dish, bake and serve. Oh you might want to cook some rice with that… Just sayin’.
It really is such an easy weekday dinner idea. The herby tomato and mushroom sauce sweetens up the dish and the added feta gives this meal a fresh Mediterranean style – perfect for a summer’s eve. Add your choice of ingredients like olives and capers and make it your own! Enjoy and remember to breathe…
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 can chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon italian dried herbs
- 4 chicken breast fillets sliced
- 1 teaspoon chicken spice
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- 2 wheels feta cheese
- salt and black pepper to season
- Place your oven safe casserole dish on the stove top, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the mushrooms and allow cooking.
- Then add the can of tomatoes, add a tablespoon or so mixed dry herbs, mix and remove from heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with dry rub or spice and arrange it on top of the sauce, chuck it in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- About three quarters through baking time, remove the casserole and sprinkle crumbled feta over the top with some of the chopped parsley.
- Return to oven to finish baking time. Remove, serve with cooked rice and garnish with more fresh parsley,