All hail to the sausage. The banging pork sausage. A great ingredient for a banging breakfast with eggs, lunch with tomato sauce (or something) and of course an easy and comforting dinner. Here is how…
Replace your pork banger with a wors of your choice, a boerie will also do the trick. And if you are not inclined to the banting diet, just use good old potatoes for the delicious creamy mash.
Perfect budget friendly family meal!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 4 pork bangers pan fried
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- water to boil sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter for sweet potato mash
- salt and black pepper to season
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- micro greens to garnish
- First off, cook (or steam) the sweet potato until soft
- Add butter and smash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next heat the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion until golden, almost caramelized.
- Add the mushrooms, deglaze the pan with balsamic vinegar and and stock.
- Allow to simmer until reduced. Season.
- Serve your pan fried bangers with sweet potato mash, gravy and garnish with greens.
Share this Recipe