I am sure by now everyone has heard about The Real Meal Revolution. If you haven’t come across this new way of eating (and thinking), do yourself a favor and go read about it. It really is something of a Revolution – changing lives one meal at a time.
No. It is not a diet. It is about making a choice; like choosing to be more positive, happy and healthy. Eating low carbs, high fat may sound like some sort of a fad. But it is not. Get ready to have your mind blown. Mine is – and I might be buying a smaller dress size on my next shopping trip. ..
So to get you all on the same page as me, I am sharing a very creamy, dreamy and low – carb Spinach Tartlet recipe today. Just to fill you in; if you decided to join the Revolution you are allowed lots of cream, butter, full cream dairy, and coconut milk/cream and of course – you are allowed to have the crispy baked skin of a roasted chicken… amongst others.
Do I have your attention now?
This recipe of Low – carb Spinach Tartlets consists of sautéed onion, garlic and bacon (in butter), with baby Spinach, sour cream, creamy cottage cheese, cheddar and eggs – baked to perfection.
It’s ideal for breakfast, lunch and what do you know… even dinner!! Bake it in a large dish for a big savoury meal, or in individual pans for a quick snack on- the- go.
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Prepare an oven safe dish of about 20 cm x 20cm, by greasing it with butter, or use individual casings. Serves four – six.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 500 gr baby spinach wilted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 125 gr streaky bacon diced
- 250 ml sour cream
- 250 gr cottage cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper to season
- First of all, heat the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. Then add the bacon. Cook until done. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sour cream, cottage cheese and eggs. Mix until incorporated. Now add the chopped cooked spinach, sautéed onion & bacon and cheese.
- Mix well. Transfer to baking dish. Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 30 – 40 minutes or until set and brown.