I found the cutest little hot dog rolls at my local bakery the other day and it was hard to say no when you imagine teeny tiny hot dogs with tomato sauce, plus I had a four year old begging for ‘baby bread’.
Needless to say, I simply had to come up with a recipe where I could use these fresh and delicately soft buns. Introducing Barbecue Pork Sliders.
I had some leftover pork loin in the fridge from my previous rendezvous in the kitchen, when I made Balsamic Roasted Pork Fillet. This leftover pork was perfect to use as my “pulled pork” filling. I also made barbecue sauce from scratch. Believe it.
I layered my buns with micro greens, pulled pork in barbecue sauce and corn.
These little Barbecue Pork Sliders are the perfect snack for a weekend in front of the tellie, enjoying some sports or simply snacking on these for a cocktail party – should go down well. Remember the bubbly! Enjoy!
I also had to test out my new macro lens…
Drool worthy stuff, right?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bird eye chili finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon barbecue spice
- 1 lemon juice retained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup leftover pork loin or one pork steak, cooked and shredded
- 4 slider buns or mini cocktail rolls
- 1 cup microgreens
- 1 corn on the cob cooked and kernels removed
- In a pestle and mortar, combine the olive oil, chili, garlic, salt and black pepper, paprika, barbeque spice and lemon juice.
- Grind until you have a rough paste.
- Transfer the paste to a mixing bowl and add the tomato sauce and Worcester sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Shred the cooked pork meat, and mix with some barbecue sauce. Set aside.
- Start assembling your sliders by cutting open the buns, and layering it with greens, pork and corn. Add more sauce if you please.