Working from home has its pros and cons.
For instance, I get to spend most afternoons in delightful imaginary play with my six year old. HUGE PRO!
I get to wear pajamas ALL day. I can also have limitless amounts of tea. AND I get to make myself lunch every day too.
Making myself lunch every day isn’t always glamorous. Depending on my TO DO list, I usually end up buying soup from Food Lovers Market or the other day when I haven’t eaten, I bought a pie at the garage…
Luckily this kind of laziness doesn’t last long and the other day I craved so much greens and veggies that I had to just give in.
Even though I had this Warm Butternut, Chickpea and Spinach Salad for lunch, you can totally whip it up as an easy side salad to your weekly roasts.
It consists of fresh baby spinach, some purple cabbage and carrots topped with roasted butternut and spicy roasted chickpeas. I used this recipe, which is great if you need something nutritious to snack on. Mind you, fresh spinach has definetly more nutrition than I thought – just read about all the benefits on Cooking Detective…
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||45 min|
- 1 butternut peeled and cubed
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1 can chickpeas drained and dried on paper towel
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 5 ml ground coriander
- pinch chili flakes
- drizzle olive oil to roast chickpeas
- 2 cups baby spinach washed
- 1 carrot peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 purple cabbage shredded
- micro greens to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Arrange the chopped butternut in an oven safe baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and black pepper and roast until soft for about 35 minutes in hot oven.
- After the chickpeas has been drained and dried, transfer them to a cookie tray and season with spices.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the chickpeas and roast in the oven until dark and crunchy.
- Arrange the spinach, carrot and cabbage on a salad platter, followed by roasted butternut and chickpeas.
- Garnish with microgreens.
I too work from home, but if I don’t get up and out of those pj’s by 8am nothing work related happens. Lunch is a total fail on most days, I must get more disciplined. This salad looks gorgeous. If you worked in my office would you bring me lunch?