Chicken chicken chicken. Aren’t you getting bored with the usual roasted, casseroled and rotisseried chicken you constantly have for dinner? Trying new ideas with chicken might seem like stepping out of your comfort zone a bit, right? Let me help you take that step…
This easy recipe of Cajun and Tomato Baked Chicken is a must have in your recipe collection if you want to whip up a hearty meal for the family.
It is easy, comforting and spicy – all great combinations for a plate of goodness after a hard day’s work.
Chicken thighs are spiced up with Cajun spice mix, baked on a rich tomato sauce base and served with buttery couscous. These oven baked thighs have a spicy crispy skin, and the tomato sauce makes a great saucy addition to serve with the chicken and couscous.
See how easy it is? I hope you all give this one a try. If you are not keen on couscous, you can replace it with fluffy basmati rice or even mashed potato would be great. Ok, and yes, you can make it carb free by serving it on cauli rice or cauli mash, k? Have a good one!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||45 min|
- 2 cans chopped and peeled tomatoes
- handful fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cajun spice
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 cups couscous cooked, to serve
- First off, in an oven safe casserole dish, empty the two cans of tinned tomatoes with the herbs and balsamic vinegar. Give it a good mix. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the Cajun spice in a saucer, and dip each chicken thigh, ensure it gets covered with spice. Add more if needed.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the tomatoes and bake in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for another 15 minutes uncovered until the chicken becomes dark and crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve the chicken pieces on cooked couscous with extra tomato sauce from the casserole pot.