So, how is everyone? Busy much? I hope everybody is having the best time of their lives right now. I kind of want to hope that everybody is.
If you are not however, you should seriously think about exercising. No really, take it from me – all those really clever guys that tell us every single day that it is actually good for us? – They’re not lying guys!
Be the best you can be ok? Anyway – back to eating really good food, without feeling bad about your body… This recipe of Chicken Korma with Roasted Sweet Potato is one of those.
This dish consists of a deep, mildly spicy, aromatic curry with tender chicken, served on roasted (deliciously sweet) sweet potato. It is a great Low Carb meal, one that I am sure will get you a round of high fives..
I also found the best recipe for Homemade Naan Bread, but I am still working on my own version before I share it with you! I have to say, I like my curry a bit more saucy – especially if it is served with steamed basmati or naan bread. Do it your way, as long as you enjoy it and ended licking your plate clean…
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 5 ml freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 bird eye chili finely chopped
- 3 ml coriander seeds
- 3 ml cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods
- 5 ml garam masala
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons cashew nut paste
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 15 ml olive oil
- 3 chicken breast fillets cut into pieces
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 large sweet potato chopped
- 15 ml olive oil to roast sweet potatoes
- First of all, to grind your own spices for a curry – you will need a really decent pestle and mortar.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chillies and spices in a pestle & mortar; grind the ingredients until your curry resembles a thick paste.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a medium size saucepan or cast iron pot, and sauté the finely cut onion for a few minutes. Add the curry paste.
- Sauté for a few minutes with a wooden spoon, stop and smell the amazing aroma you have just created, add the tomato puree, nut paste and Greek yogurt.
- Take off the heat, mix and transfer your curry to your blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the next bit of oil and brown your chicken.
- Add the blended curry paste and the tin of coconut milk.
- Cook for 1 hour on low heat - or until your milk has been reduced to your liking. Remember to stir often.
- In the meantime, place the sweet potato in an oven safe baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until soft.
- Serve with roasted sweet potatoes, fresh coriander and loads of black pepper.