Since spring is right here on our doorstep, my hubby and I were pondering the other day about changing a little bit of our lifestyle. We have decided that now is a good time (since it’s not warm enough for bikini season) to get ourselves in a healthy eating routine and slowly starting to get our bodies in shape for summer, before it arrives in its full fury glory.
No, I will be the one attempting to get into a bikini – NOT HIM! Although I would love to see him try!!
Normally when he has made a decision like that, there is no turning back. It doesn’t matter how ‘little motivation to give up chocolates’ I have, the decision is made.
On that note, this recipe of Chicken Yogurt Salad is one that I have recently added to our healthy eating regime. Gone are the days of eating warm, delicious, rich pasta dishes and bread-with- anything – from now on its crunch time! Literally! Crunching away on fresh, whole foods with no preservatives and leaving those full fat versions to fade away on the grocery store shelves.
This salad is a delicious and absolutely easy meal to prepare for dinner or lunch. With fresh arugula (rocket), curly lettuce, herbs, and cherry tomatoes – the only topping you need is shredded chicken breasts mixed with low fat mayonnaise, Bulgarian yogurt and nuts. Absolutely healthy and divine!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup pecan nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 1 cups rocket leaves
- 1 cup curly lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chives chopped
- salt and black pepper to season
- First off, cover your chicken breasts with warm water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes, remove from pan and let cool.
- Shred chicken by using a knife and fork.
- Add shredded chicken to a mixing bowl and add mayonnaise and yogurt, nuts, chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange rocket and lettuce leaves on a plate or in a salad bowl, add cherry tomatoes and add spoonful of chicken yogurt in the middle.
- Garnish with whole pecan nuts and chives.