I have to give all the credit for this recipe of Chili and Sage Chicken Burgers to my gorgeous hubby. When he was still a student, he used to live off of these delicious burgers. The combination of chili with sage first confused me. However when I tasted these delightful burgers I was stunned at the result.
Beautiful tender chicken breasts with the heat of the chili, complemented by the aromatic, minty flavor of fresh sage on a crispy ciabatta bun, with mayo and fresh tomato. It doesn’t get any better than that really.
|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 3 birds eye chili finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh sage chopped fine
- 15 ml olive oil for marinade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar for marinade
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 chicken breast fillets flattened
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 fresh tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 ciabatta buns
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped chili, sage, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and rub the chicken breasts.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil and brown the marinated chicken breasts until done.
- Heat the ciabatta buns in the oven until crispy.
- Combine the mayonnaise and chili sauce in a mixing bowl.
- When the ciabatta buns are done cut them open and layer your chicken with fresh tomato topped with creamy chili –naise. Serve immediately.
Share this Recipe