Today I am sharing this Chunky Vegetable Soup recipe that has been in my family for ages! It is one of those recipes that my mom basically knew at the top of her head. This recipe always featured on cooler nights accompanied by thick buttery slices of bread.
Chunky Vegetable Soup for Weight Loss
Fond memories of my childhood years was this divine vegetable soup that my mom would cook and would swear by! It was counted as (apparently) a ‘free vegetable’ and that basically means that she could have bowls and bowls full of this delicious soup and wouldn’t pick up an ounce.
A healthy soup for summer or winter.
This Chunky Vegetable Soup recipe is absolutely guilt free and wholesome, vegan friendly and low carb. It is a great recipe to try when you are feeling a little claustrophobic in those skinny jeans of yours. Best of all – it freezes like a dream and is super easy to make.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||60 min|
- 1 kg frozen vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots
- 2 gem squash halved and pits removed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper to season
- 4 sticks celery chopped
- handful parsley chopped
- Add the frozen vegetables in a large pot on high heat with stock. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the gem squash face down in another pot covered with water and cook until soft.
- Carefully scoop out the squash and add the contents to the frozen vegetables pot.
- Season with salt and pepper, add herbs and celery.
- Cook for another 30 minutes until celery is soft.
- Remove from pan and mash the vegetables with a masher until desired thickness is achieved.
- Lastly, season to taste and serve hot with toasted garlic bruschetta.
What is gem squash?