For the most delicate Easter treat, why not try this easy and simple recipe for Coconut Biscotti to treat your loved ones. Just bake a batch of these each week to keep the cookie jar full, I say. No need to only have them for the special occasion or two.
A crunchy, sweet biscuit – this recipe for Coconut Biscotti delivers a pleasing hint of coconut, combined with the creamy goodness of butter. Add your own variety of flavors and textures to suite your tastes, like vanilla or macadamia nuts.
To say that this recipe is easy is simply an understatement. It is ridiculously easy. And ridiculously delicious. Totally ridiculous really.
Get your head in gear and remember to add this to your baking list for this weekend’s feasting, and have a blessed one!
Hope you give this one a try this weekend. Oh or… why not try my Espresso Vanilla Biscotti too, for a deeper coffee flavor. Happy Easter to all, and happy baking.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 140 gr butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- First off beat the butter and sugar together until pale and thick.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix through.
- Add the flour, coconut, baking powder and salt and mix until you have manageable soft dough.
- Use extra flour for your hands while shaping the dough into a log on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the biscotti log is firm to touch.
- Leave to cool, slice 2 cm’s thick slices off the log and arrange in the baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until colored brown.
- Leave to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.