Being only a few days away, Father’s day is one of those special days to cherish with the most important person in any family. Our Fathers.
Although I can’t be with my dad this Father’s day, because he lives in Nelspruit, I am sure he knows how much his youngest adores and loves him! Instead I will be able to appreciate a love filled day with my husband who became a father three and a half years ago.
He is by far the most patient Dad I know. Caden adores him and won’t pass a minute without spending joyful time with him.
Their most favorite game to play are pretending to be superheroes and fighting each other in the most epic battles imaginable.
Sometimes watching them play like that, I catch a glimpse of this amazingly talented, successful and ambitious man becoming a softhearted, playful kid again and I can’t help falling in love with him all over again.
Seeing the love and devotion in his eyes when he kisses our little boy and the absolute patience and commitment he shows when teaching him the alphabet or good manners… That surely makes me think that there is nothing more precious in this universe and how blessed I really am…
These little Coconut Cupcakes with roasted coconut are delicious to serve as a teatime treat for Father’s day or surprise him on Father’s day morning with a cup of good coffee and a few of these delicious delights. I am sure it will make his heart melt…
Happy Father’s day to all dads!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- First off, beat the butter, sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the coconut and mix.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add the milk while mixing until incorporated.
- Add batter by filling the muffin liner ¾ full and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- In the meantime heat the sugar, water and vanilla essence for the syrup in the microwave and drizzle over hot cupcakes.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of coconut on parchment paper and roast in the oven until brown. Sprinkle over cupcakes and serve.