The weekend is around the corner (thank the gods) and if you haven’t figured out what to cook for your family and friends – this Crispy Pork Belly Ribs with Green Sauce AND Honey Roasted Potatoes – should totally be it!
The best thing about enjoying pork is the crispy skin you get after roasting. Most banters out there found this to be the best thing since, anything really, and I cannot agree more. You can replace the potatoes with sweet potatoes if you have to, to keep it low carb and keto friendly.
So I decided to simply roast the pork belly ribs in the oven until tender and super crispy. The oven does ALL the work here – more time to enjoy a glass of bubbly with the bffs!
I had loads of fresh herbs leftover from a shoot, so I decided to chop it all up and make a green sauce of sorts – that consists of fresh parsley, basil, dill and mint – combined with olive oil, crushed garlic and fresh lemon juice.
Be warned; this green sauce is totally addictive and I ended up having a scoop over my roasted veggies and rotisserie chicken we had for dinner the other night. It can also work great as an addition to soups and stews or just serve it as an extra condiment at breakfast. Or lunch. Ok, dinner as well!
Drool worthy stuff, right?
Bring some joy to the dinner plates this week!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||3 hours|
- 1,5 kg pork belly ribs cut through
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 5 large potatoes peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons honey
- handful fresh mint chopped fine
- handful fresh parsley chopped fine
- handful fresh basil chopped fine
- handful fresh dill chopped fine
- 1 lemon juice retained
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Score the skin of the belly and rub the ribs with olive oil and seasoning.
- Place in a large oven safe roasting tray, cover and roast for 3 hours at 150 degrees Celsius.
- Parboil the potatoes for 6 minutes and drain. Set aside.
- For the green sauce; place the chopped herbs with lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in a pestle and mortar and grind it up until combined. Set aside.
- After roasting time, remove the lid and leave the pork to crisp up, about 15 minutes – you can set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for this. Be sure to check it regularly.
- Remove the meat form the roasting dish, add the potatoes – to roast in the pork fat - and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn the potatoes over and add the honey – be sure to cover the potatoes.
- Roast for another 15 minutes until sweet and sticky.
- Serve crispy pork belly ribs with green sauce and potatoes.