For this delicate and luscious recipe, dried or fresh cranberries can be used. Depending on availability, blueberries or blackberries are a good substitute.
You can even try strawberries, and substitute the dark chocolate with Belgian white chocolate for a more refined taste. Serve cranberry and dark chocolate muffins with tea or coffee, or simply enjoy as a divine treat after dinner. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 125 gr butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 100 gr dark chocolate chopped
- In a mixing bowl whisk the butter with sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla essence.
- Add eggs one for one until incorporated.
- In another mixing bowl, add all your dry ingredients except the cranberries and chocolate.
- Add the butter and sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and add the yogurt little by little while mixing together with the milk – just until incorporated.
- Add your cranberries and chocolate shards by folding it into the batter.
- Fill muffin holders ¾ with batter, and bake for 20 minutes or until brown.
Share this Recipe