Do you also enjoy a comforting breakfast like this? My favorite breakfast right now (because next week it might be something else) is this really comforting and filling Potato and Bacon Hash. It’s a breakfast that just hits the right spot. It has the perfect combination of ingredients that I absolutely cannot do without.
In first place potato. You guessed it. Trailing pretty close behind is bacon, egg, tomato and pesto.
This isn’t an everyday type of breakfast, but sure is good enough to have over a lazy weekend, and what better way to enjoy great ingredients like this than with the guys you love?
With winter being upon us – literally – I can’t even deal with cold smoothies and yogurt bowls. A hearty, healthy and warming brekkie is what I’m after. It also tends to be during breakfast that I can actually sit and reminisce about stuff.
Like, my life has gotten pretty damn busy lately. I am realizing how important every single second is. Can we just freeze those special moments with loved ones forever?
Like, my kid. He is 7 now. How I wish he could still be a chubby little toddler that can fit on my lap. Even though he is very lovable, I do get the cold shoulder sometimes when I sneak in a kiss or a hug. It literally breaks my heart every time, but I have to also remember that 7 year old boys are in a pretty weird space. They aren’t babies anymore and doesn’t like to be called that. They are also not teenagers yet, even though this one of mine already acts like one.
In a couple of years he will be going on camps and sleepovers and soon he will be driving his own car, fall in love and go to college. I’m taking every opportunity I have to steal those kisses and hugs as much as I can.
And that’s the kind of stuff I think about over breakfast. Take time to appreciate those special people in your life, that’s all you need in my eyes… A good breakfast and a unconditional love.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 125 gr streaky bacon
- 200 gr baby potatoes
- 15 ml olive oil
- 300 gr rosa tomatoes
- 15 ml olive oil
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- salt and black pepper to season
- Place the streaky bacon in a saucepan and fry until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, but leave some of the bacon fat behind.
- Place the washed baby potatoes in a small saucepan, cover with water and parboil until soft.
- In the meantime, arrange the rosa tomatoes in a small, oven safe baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and roast in the oven until the tomatoes are blistered.
- Keep half of the roasted tomatoes to one side, place the rest in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Half the parboiled potatoes and transfer them to the saucepan with bacon fat. Fry the potatoes until crispy and add a few tablespoons of the tomato sauce you just made, right at the end.
- Poach two free range eggs, and start plating your breakfast with the fried potatoes, crispy bacon, whole roasted rosa tomatoes and add a few spoons of basil pesto as you go along. Finish off with the eggs and seasoning.