I just love my veggies friends. The best thing about enjoying them is that you can literally use every and any veggie you have in your kitchen and fry them up all together.
It works out really good for me, because I’m the only veggie lover in this house, the little veggies I cook for myself during the week leaves me with a whole lot of ‘halves’ in my fridge. I mean, cook vegetables for only one person and see what a mission it is.
I refuse buying pre packed veggies for one – it just kills the budget.
That’s why once a week you’ll need to clean out that fridge – and here by me, NOTHING goes to waste.
So get that non stick pan from under the sink and let’s treat our bodies with wholesome goodness, K?
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||50 min|
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 bird eye chili finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup radishes sliced
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In an oven safe roasting tray, arrange the sweet potato, drizzle with olive oil and seasoning and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Next, heat the coconut oil in a non stick pan and saute the onion with the garlic until caramelized. Remove onion from pan and set aside.
- Add the peppers, mushrooms and chili next and saute until soft but still crunchy. Add more coconut oil to the pan if you need to.
- Remove the peppers and mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Place the tomatoes in the pan next, with the halved pieces face down and saute until soft and blistered. Remove from pan.
- Lastly, fry the broccoli florets for a few minutes and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Arrange all the vegetables on a plate and add sliced radishes and chopped parsley.
If you have any of your vegetable fry up left over, simply enjoy it the next day by wrapping it up in a wholewheat wrap.