Man, I love weekends. I don’t think that there is a single person on earth who doesn’t love weekends. And, better still, summery weekends spent with friends, cold beers and a sizzling fire. This Garlic and Coriander Chicken Kebab recipe needs to be on your weekend-to-braai-list. If there ever was a list like that…
To top it all off, I used chicken breast fillets from the guys over at Biltong@za. These guys should be the first place you visit when you need great quality meats for the freezer, and what better meat do you need that is as versatile as chicken breast fillets.
I don’t even need to explain the endless ways to use this budget friendly and healthy meat.
I decided to do a home made chicken kebab recipe, that consists of chicken breast pieces skewered with red onion and pepper, then marinated in a garlic, coriander and black pepper paste, served with a smoky tomato relish.
I hope you can get around to pop into one of the Bilton@za outlets this week to stock up on their amazing meat and deli products. Have a look at their website and like them on facebook for sizzling specials. Have a good week!
Mouthwatering kebabs, right?
Perfect braai material.
|Prep Time||40 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 bird eye chili chopped fine
- 5 ml paprika
- 2 ml ground cumin
- 2 ml ground turmeric
- handful fresh coriander
- salt and black pepper to season
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets cubed
- 1 red onion quartered
- 1 yellow pepper cubed
- wooden sosatie sticks soaked in water
- In a pestle and mortar, add the garlic, chilli, cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt and black pepper and olive oil. Grind to a paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken and coriander paste, rub it all over and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After marinating, skewer pieces of chicken, onion and pepper and cook on a hot grill for until cooked. Serve with smoky tomato relish and a starch of your choice.