Here we go girls! I tried another great recipe for a lazy Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Imagine a rainy day, no parties or braais planned for the night – just you and your gorgeous hubby (and the kids of course) watching some movies and taking it easy!
Cheesy Chicken & Penne Bake is the perfect dish to complete a lazy day! Quick and easy, this recipe is also one of my one pot wonders!! The kids will just love it – pasta & cheese – great combination for those hungry tummies!!
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets cut into pieces
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups penne pasta cooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- Heat the oil and 2 teaspoons of butter in a saucepan and brown chicken until cooked. Add herbs and season to taste.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of butter to the chicken, take off the heat and add the flour. Mix through.
- Add the milk, return back onto the stove and mix with wooden spoon until thick.
- Mix the chicken and pasta together in an oven dish.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Reset the oven to the grill option, and grill your cheesy chicken and penne bake until cheese is crunchy and melted.
Share this Recipe