Back at it with this Pork Sausage and Penne Bolognese recipe. Should my first recipe post of 2017 seriously be a bowl of carbs? YES! Yes it should.
So rather than jumping in head first with “detox recipes” or “going vegan easy” or “burn those calories with this skinny salad” posts, I’m just trying to get my life in order with this back to school business and having to get back in the kitchen and cook dinner EVERY night, so here you have Pork Sausage Penne Bolognese.
How To Make Pork Sausage Bolognese
Talking about life hacks! This pork sausage bolognese is so easy to make if you don’t have any minced meat on hand. For this recipe you simply remove the meat from the sausage. Next you make a simple bolognese sauce with garlic, finely chopped onion and a tin of tomatoes. Best of all you can sneak some carrots and chopped spring onions in there too. Don’t forget the grated parmesan on the table when you are dishing up.
Speedy Pasta Dinner – Pork Sausage Penne Bolognese
I loved this Pork Sausage Penne Bolognese, as a matter of fact, I am adding this to our weekly dinner repertoire because:
- It’s a bowl of carbs.
- It is super quick to put together.
- I can bulk up for the non veggie eater’s lunchbox. That’s the husband in case you were wondering.
- It is bloody delicious, rather filling and comforting. Yes.
You can basically use any type of sausage for this recipe. A spicy sausage is best, as this ensures an immediate kick of flavor without having to worry too much about adding spices and seasoning.
More Easy Dinner Recipes To Try:
Macaroni and Pesto Chicken with Red Pepper Tomato Sauce
Spaghetti with Broccoli and Avocado
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 stalks spring onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 400 gr pork sausages any sausage you like
- 1 can peeled and chopped tomatoes
- pinch chili flakes
- pinch ground oregano
- salted water to boil pasta
- 400 gr penne pasta uncooked
- spring onion to serve
- parmesan to serve
- First off in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic, spring onion and carrot.
- Remove the meats from the sausages and brown the pork meat with the sauteed ingredients.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, spices and allow to simmer for 10min.
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente, drain and combine the penne pasta with the pork bolognese.
- Serve with spring onion and parmesan.
This looks really yummy!