I know how hectic the morning routine can get! Sometimes it gets so bad that breakfast has to just take the back seat. Simple Savory Srambled Egg to the rescue!
It doesn’t really matter if you have to rush out early or not, this Savory Scrambled Egg recipe is quick and easy, tastes amazing and will definitely give you your morning nutrition in no time.
How To Make a Simple Savory Scrambled Egg
I was inspired by the brilliant Sam Linsell and her Menemen Eggs (Turkish Scrambled Egg) post, and since I am a bit of an egg snob I simply had to try it out.
First, check your fridge. You might just have all these in small quantities on hand. Funny how that works out! For this recipe I used mushrooms, onion, yellow pepper, green pepper, fresh thyme and Parmesan cheese. It was really delicious. You can also add any other chopped up pre-fried veggie ingredients. You can either add them while your eggs are still cooking, or after.
Easy Scrambled Egg for Breakfast – the best way
Are you an egg snob like me?
I don’t like runny egg yolk. Shock. Horror.
No, but seriously.
I ask for scrambled egg EVERY SINGLE TIME we go out for breakfast. I like fried eggs on toast though, but the egg must be crispy along the edges and you guessed it, the yolk cooked. As in no yellowy runny bits.
What a weirdo, right?
Only choose organic, higher welfare eggs. We have amazing farms around our area, I love shopping local.
How do you love your eggs? Let me know in the comments and Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 brown onion finely chopped
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup green pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup red pepper
- 5 large free range eggs whisked in a bowl
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme `
- bread to serve
- In a large saucepan heat the butter and olive oil and saute the finely chopped mushroom and onion for a few minutes. Add the nutmeg and mix.
- Add the peppers and saute with the mushrooms and onions for another 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the eggs, and cook the scramble through using a wooden spoon to mix while cooking.
- Remove from heat, dish up and season with fresh thyme and generous amounts of Parmesan. Serve with crusty bread.