Deliciously spicy, tangy and utterly addictive, these Spicy Marinated Beans have become my new favourite thing! Tinned cannellini beans marinated in a spicy olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, chilli, herbs, onion and celery marinade.
What Are Marinated Beans?
If you have never had the privilege to taste some version of marinated beans YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!
Simply put, marinated beans are a combination of cooked or canned beans prepared and marinated in a zesty olive oil and vinegar mixture with herbs and spices that can be kept in the fridge.
Therefore these Spicy Marinated Beans make for the perfect addition to your morning toast, and as a condiment to your any of your main meals.
How To Make Spicy Marinated Beans
First off, prepare your beans by soaking them overnight and cooking them the next day. If you don’t have beans to cook, simply use tinned beans for this recipe. Drain the beans and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
This spicy and tangy marinade for beans comes together beautifully and promises delicious flavour!
For the marinade: Simply combine good quality olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and red wine vinegar. Next add your flavourings such as garlic and chilli. I also added some curry powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Don’t forget to add finely chopped herbs like sage, parsley and dill for freshness. Lastly for texture, I added finely chopped red onion and celery.
Finally, make sure to season with loads of sea salt and black pepper.
Once you have mixed your beans with the marinade, transfer it to a glass jar and keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.
What Kind of Beans Can I Use To Make Marinated Beans?
This version of mine uses cannellini beans. However, any other cooked or canned beans will work well such as butter beans, kidney beans or black beans – even chickpeas will work great in this recipe. These Spicy Marinated Beans goes SO well with tacos, wraps, next to soups and stews, and simply AMAZING on sourdough toast. Why not try my Three Bean Salad or this Smoky Mexican Bean Salad
|Prep Time||15 min|
- 2 cans cannellini beans drained
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 green or red chilli finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- handful sage leaves washed and finely chopped
- handful parsley washed and finely chopped
- handful dill roughly chopped
- salt and black pepper to season
- First off, prepare your beans by soaking them overnight and cooking them the next day. If you don’t have beans to cook, simply use tinned beans for this recipe. Drain the beans and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
- For the marinade: Simply combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and red wine vinegar. Next add chopped garlic and chilli, curry powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper with fresh herbs.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Store in a glass jar for up to two weeks in the fridge.
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.