I was out of my skin when the guys over at Biltong@za sent me beautiful A grade Rump Sosaties to try out at home.
The amazing thing about these meaty morsels, beside it being made with A grade rump, was the absolute convenience of having perfectly skewered meat vacuum packed, ready for marinade. Yes.
I’m usually not a big fan of store bought marinated sosaties, so this is a great option if you want to experiment with different marinades for the meat.
I decided to go with a spicy yet sweet combination of tomato sauce, fruit chutney, mustard, chili, oregano and lemon juice. I also added some sugar to balance out the spiciness – it turned out pretty fantastic.
These Spicy Rump Skewers are the perfect meat for the braai this weekend. Be sure to get yours from Biltong@za. Their steak is pretty awesome too, check out this Harissa Steak Roll I did with their top quality meat a while ago.
Beef Rump Sosaties are a must for your braai – with a fresh micro herb and radish salad and baked potato with loads of sour cream, it’s the perfect weekend munchies! What kind of marinade do you like?
|Prep Time||65 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 4 150gr rump sosaties store bought or freshly made
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup fruit chutney
- 1 lemon juice retained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala or curry powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and black pepper to season
- First off in a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well.
- Marinade the sosaties in a plastic bowl with a lid, overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Braai or grill for a few minutes on each side basting the kebabs with marinade as you go.