If you are following a low carb high fat diet, this recipe of Spinach and Bacon Tart is the one for you.
I have to admit, as it goes, I find it harder to eat carb free meals simply because bread and pasta’s price tags just fit so well with our kind of grocery budget. I know there are loads of carb free, budget friendly meals, but I find it seriously hard to say no to Friday night toasted cheeses and homemade burgers we enjoy on a regular basis.
But with a delicious recipe like this Spinach and Bacon Tart, you can easily just freeze pieces of this crust less quiche for lunch or even a quick low carb dinner, with a side of greens.
This Spinach and Bacon Tart is also perfect for a savory tea time treat, not to mention a great meal for dinner.
I also love having it the next day for breakfast – I guess it could go down well ANY time of day. Ain’t spinach just rad? Like this Spinach and Leek Soup or these Low Carb Spinach Tartlets – what a great ingredient! Have a good week, all!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 500 gr spinach chopped
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 250 gr bacon diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- handful parsley chopped
- 250 ml sour cream
- 250 gr creamed cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 1/2 cups mature cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper to season
- First off, in a saucepan, saute the spinach until wilted.
- Remove from pot and drain excess liquid.
- Heat the olive oil and saute the onion, bacon and garlic until soft.
- Add the herbs and spinach.
- Add the sour cream, cottage cheese, eggs and grated cheddar.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 30 – 40 minutes until set. Serve hot or cold.