Winter is slowly creeping up on us, and even though I would rather be looking at a huge bowl of soup on the screen right now, this salad might still be the most delicious one yet, this summer.
Even though I can’t wait tucking into a bowl of steamy goodness, I’m still going to enjoy salads during the colder season. I’m thinking warm bowls filled with grilled vegetables, nuts, seeds, cheeses and tasty dressings to keep the calories at bay.
For now though, I have to just mention how incredible this spicy yogurt is – this might become my new addiction as winter rolls in…It will be amazing with a bowl of steamy soup.
I decided to crush some whole spices in the pestle and mortar and combined it with dried herbs, turmeric and finely grated parmesan. If you like a dressing that is less thick, you can add a little liquid to the yogurt to thin it out.
The rest is history. Enjoy the beautiful bounty of summer and serve this salad with hearty roasts and stews.
We all know this. Salads are magical. Bowls of goodness straight from the earth. Any combination, any variation, anything goes. Like this one and this one. Chat soon!
|Prep Time||10 min|
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 fennel bulb sliced
- 2 apples sliced
- fennel leaves for garnish
- 1 cup sliced parmesan
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 pinches ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 3 teaspoons finely grated parmesan
- 3 cups thick plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Prepare your salad bowl by adding the chopped spinach, fennel and arranging the sliced apple and parmesan. Garnish with fennel leaves. Set aside.
- In a pestle and mortar grind the cumin, fennel and coriander seeds until fine.
- Add the turmeric, herbs and parmesan.
- Place the yogurt in a mixing bowl and combine it with the spices. Finish off with a few drizzles of olive oil. Serve.