I had another amazing delivery from the team over at Biltong@za. And it is safe to say, they did not disappoint.
This month I got to make my favorite beef short rib recipe of all time. You might not know this, but a few years ago I spent my days in front of multiple stove tops and ovens, cooking and baking for a living in our little bakery.
This recipe of Sticky Beef Short Rib was at the foremost the most sought-after catering dish, customers just loved it! It consists of the most tender beef short ribs, slow cooked in a soy, golden syrup & tomato sauce served with buttery butternut mash and peas.
If you are a family of four, double up on this recipe, because this sweet and sticky Short Ribs are to die for. I had to stop myself from grabbing a piece of bread and dipping it into the sticky goodness. Oh and not to mention all the fatty goodness… Make sure you pop into biltong@za stores, for great quality meat products, check out their website for awesome specials. Thanx guys!
And you can totally have the leftovers for breakfast the next day…
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||4 hours|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 700 gr beef short rib cut into smaller pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil to fry meat
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 cup water
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 cups chopped butternut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- peas to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pot, saute onion and garlic.
- Add extra oil and brown the meat.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce (up to butternut) and mix through.
- Pour over the meat, add water, give it a good mix, cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours stirring every now and then.
- Boil the butternut until soft, drain, add butter and mash.
- Serve the ribs with butternut mash and peas.