I am giddy with excitement about these babies, let me assure you – they will be consumed by the pounds this weekend (because chocolate is my staple over weekends.)
And because these White Chocolate Swirl Brownies are super easy to make and bakes quick- quick! You might already have all the ingredients in your pantry to do this – you can even add your own mix of flavors or add chopped nuts for an extra crunch.
I first thought of the idea of adding white chocolate to the mix when I got an order from one of my corporates for a plate of brownies to impress some weirdly important person. I had to come up with something more imaginative than the plain old brownie. Little did I know that when you actually bake white chocolate slowly and carefully it totally turns to gooey caramel. I kid you not…
I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the look of the baked goodness as I was aiming for a specific “white chocolate swirl” look, you know? With loads of harsh curses and shouts at the poor white chocolate, it wasn’t long before shouting turned into swooning.
It. Tastes. Amazeballs.
I hope you get to try this simple and easy White Chocolate Swirl Brownie recipe. It has an unbelievably dark chocolaty taste and is super soft and sticky after baking – the white chocolate adding a sweet and caramelized taste to a perfect treat! You can also try my Rolo Centred Brownies or Oats and Coconut Brownies next time! Cheers!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||12 min|
- 100 gr white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 150 gr butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- First off carefully melt the white chocolate with the milk in the microwave until melted and combined. Set aside to cool.
- Then, add the butter, brown sugar, cocoa and salt in a microwave safe bowl and microwave these ingredients until melted and combined – stirring as you go.
- Add the vanilla essence and eggs, mix through. Add the flour, fold it in.
- Transfer the batter to the baking tin and add spoonsful of melted white chocolate onto the batter, giving it a swirl with a metal spoon into the batter.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius – remove from oven and leave to cool before cutting it into blocks.