Don’t swear people. I know that it is Monday. Even better reason to share this rather decadent Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake with you, to brighten up your somber Monday blue mood. It is only a pleasure…
Mondays are definitely better with cake, and this Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake earns the top spot of indulgent baking recipes in my kitchen. I kinda also ate the whole thing by myself…
It is basically a vanilla peanut butter cake, layered with peanut butter frosting and taken to a new level by adding a mixed berry jam topped with fresh strawberries.
I have always loved a good peanut butter and jam sandwich. My international audience will know it as jelly. Go google it. It’s a match made in heaven.
Like? I thought so. I used my one bowl vanilla cake mix for this one, let me tell you, this cake is to die for. I had it in the fridge for about five days, and it is still the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. Monday schmunday, right? Have a good one!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter for frosting
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 jar strawberry jam or any other kind you like
- fresh strawberries to serve
- In an electric mixer, add the butter, milk, sugar, eggs, essence, salt, baking powder, flour and 2 tablespoons peanut butter.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes, until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Transfer batter to a prepared cake tin and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 – 30 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- In the meantime, add the peanut butter for the frosting, confectioners sugar and milk in a mixing bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer until incorporated and fluffy. Add more milk if you need to.
- Layer the cake, spread the first layer with frosting and jam, add the second layer of cake and top it with more frosting, jam and fresh strawberries.