Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry
If you are passionate about the #MeatlessMonday initiative, this recipe is right up your alley. It consists of wholesome broccoli and mushrooms stir fried with soya sauce and balsamic vinegar, served on fluffy rice and sprinkled with poppy seeds. Simply put, this meal aims to be healthy, pure and - well, meat free.
If you are, like me, kind of aware of what you put in your body – you will quickly find that the internet are loaded with recipes, blogs and pins about clean eating, whole & raw food recipes and of course meat free, vegan and vegetarian recipe ideas.
Don’t get me wrong, I am constantly aware of eating well, but we still eat meat. We try to eat more white meat than fatty red meat, and we try and buy free range, sustainable options. So, yeah, let’s sustain our planets resources, ok?
Ingredients for Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry:
- 1 large broccoli head washed and cut into florets.
- One punnet white mushrooms or any kind you like - sliced.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of poppy seeds
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooked white rice for serving.
Method for Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry:
- First off, in a wok, heat the olive oil and add the florets and mushrooms to the hot pan.
- Stir fry for about 8 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, tossing the vegetables and seasoning with salt and black pepper. Allow to fry for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve on fluffy rice and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Serves 4.
Stir fry vegetables are probably the second best (other than grilled / roasted) for me, as I rarely get to actually serve veggies as a meal at our dinner table. Husband issues…You can literally add any other veggie you want to perk up your stir fry, endless options awaits. Enjoy!