I think I might have missed the cold(er) weather with this soup recipe. I am sure by now everybody is craving some crisp salad leaves and more leaves, right? Or just Summer.
My intention however, is that you make this Mushroom Soup for dinner tonight. No jokes. I don’t care how hot you are.
Soups are pretty great to have on a gray, dreary, rainy and cold day, that’s for sure. So if you are not going to make it for dinner tonight, keep it in mind for one of those.
It is a creamy and rich – Noakes’ two favorite words, soup that consists of button mushrooms, sauteed in garlic and butter, with full fat cream, a good dose of salt and pepper; served with the easiest crispy fried lamb pieces.
I mean. Really.
I have to say, this is pretty much the best low carb, high fat recipe I had so far. You are basically eating a bowl full of seasoned cream. Deliciously seasoned cream. Hope you give it a try, let me know what you think!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 500 gr button mushrooms chopped, some left whole
- 500 ml cream
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups lamb stew meat cut into small cubes
- fresh parsley to garnish
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and saute the garlic and mushrooms.
- Add the cream, season and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil until scorching hot. Flash fry the lamb until brown and crisp.
- You can blend half the soup, if you like, then add the lamb and serve with freshly chopped parsley and whole mushrooms.
This looks amazing Anina! Can’t wait to try it..