For this pizza, any left over meats from the night before can be used. It is a great idea to save your leftovers specifically for your meaty pizza.
Have a dedicated pizza night, like at the end of the week, and this way you can use up all your leftovers in your fridge. No wasting!! I am starting this one from scratch though; a combination of spicy chicken, bacon and ham.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
- 1 batch perfect pizza dough
- 4 tablespoons tomato and chili sauce
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 bird eye chili chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chicken breast fillet cut into chunks
- 125 gr bacon chopped
- 1 cup ham chopped
- fresh sprigs of thyme
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic, chili and herbs.
- Add the chicken and butter to brown. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove chicken and onion from pan and add bacon and ham. Grill bacon and ham until crispy.
- Sprinkle pizza pan with flour, and press perfect pizza dough into the pan.
- Add spoonful of home made tomato and chili sauce and spread oven base to cover. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange pieces of cooked chicken, bacon and ham.
- Top with cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
Share this Recipe