Saving your hectic morning with this homemade Apricot, Macadamia and Honey Granola. If you are looking for a make-in-bulk, super nutritious granola, this is it! Best of all, having a batch of it in your kitchen ensures you are always staying on the right snack track…
How To Make Homemade Granola
Firstly, it is best to make bulk granola in a sheet pan. This way all your ingredients will get toasted at the same time. Most importantly, is that toasted-ness (if you can even call that a word.)
After you prepped your pan and your oven is set, you simply mix all your dry ingredients together. Next you mixed all your wet ingredients and then combine the two.
You can add more liquid if you like your granola a bit sticky and clumpy, and less liquid if you like it a bit more dry. I didn’t use that much liquid in my recipe and the honey and coconut oil just gave the right amount of sweetness I wanted.
Make in Bulk Homemade Granola
You know the drill right? The rush of getting to work, meetings, school and other projects on time. As a result, we often go on without even thinking of fuelling our body with what it really needs. I had enough of it. Subsequently I had to make a whole truck load of homemade granola for those frantic mornings. I now have no excuse to have a quick bowl of granola with my favorite double thick yogurt, fresh fruit and honey.
Not only is this version of Apricot, Macadamia and Honey Granola absolutely delicious, it’s packed with healthy ingredients.
What Ingredients do you need for a Homemade Granola
You can add literally anything to your granola. Think about the array of nuts and seeds that’s available that will transform it into something else entirely the next time you experiment.
I decided to use the most delicious blend of ingredients. Soft and chewy, dried apricots with macadamia nuts, cinnamon spice, seeds and rolled oats. For the wet ingredients I used vanilla, honey and coconut oil. I also had some dried cranberries leftover from a shoot and just decided on the last minute to add it in also.
With a few glass bottles filled to the rim, your mornings (and your body) will be a much happier place. Do you love granola? Get in touch in the comments below!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup soft, dried apricots
- 1 cup honey or maple syrup for vegan version
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 zest of limes
- fresh fruit to serve
- thick yogurt/coconut yogurt to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, nuts, seeds, spice and dried fruit.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the honey (or maple syrup), coconut oil and vanilla essence and microwave for one minute until combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- In a large baking tin, transfer the granola and press down slightly.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 - 35 minutes until toasted. Remove, leave to cool and transfer to glass jars.
- Serve with lime zest, fresh fruit and yogurt.
Oh My Giddy aunt … This looks gorgeous. I can just imagine the smell while in the oven…