I’m coming straight at you with this incredible Asparagus and Leek Quiche recipe today. Quiche must be the easiest bake you can whip up to keep the hungry tummies satisfied. Perfect for dinner, lunchboxes and simply divine as a tea time treat.
This recipe uses a very easy quiche dough recipe that doesn’t have to be pre baked. You can just leave the crust part out if you desire a low carb quiche option.
I served my Asparagus and Leek Quiche with tea the other day when a friend popped in – see why I love being at home? All day. Every day.
Just call me Queen Quiche…
I used tinned asparagus, however you can use fresh asparagus as well. I sauteed leeks in garlic and butter, with mixed herbs and loads of seasoning, combined with asparagus and yes, you guessed it, loads and loads of cheese.
Add cream to the mix if you want to take it to another (calorie) level, totally recommended…
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 300 gr leeks chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 5 ml dried mixed herbs
- 1 tin asparagus spears drained and chopped
- 2 cups mature cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 3/4 cups milk or cream
- Combine all the ingredients for the Quiche Pastry in a mixing bowl until you have a soft dough.
- Press a medium sized pie dish with quiche pastry and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and saute the leeks, garlic and mixed herbs until soft. Remove from heat and transfer these ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the asparagus, cheese, egg and milk and mix until combined.
- Pour the filling into the pie dish and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes until set and golden.