Look, when it comes to enjoying burgers for lunch or dinner – nothing, and I mean nothing, comes close to a home made Beef Burger. Sure, there are exceptional burgers at certain restaurants – but I found it is so much more rewarding to build your own special burger monster at home.
Even better when you get a beef mince delivery from Biltong@za, and given quality beef mince that makes the most incredible burger patties.
The trend is here. Homemade Beef Burgers with gourmet trimmings, will leave everyone attending your burger night feeling creative and totally stuffed…
I chose to do two burgers in this post. First, I made a stack that consists of red cabbage and mayonnaise, topped with a homemade beef burger patty, mature cheddar cheese, savory mushroom sauce and crispy fried onion rings. It has to come with burger sauce of course – I found the best still to be good old All Gold tomato sauce mixed with mayonnaise and chutney…
Next up was a stack made with green baby leaves, topped with a patty, slices of mozzarella cheese, radishes and crispy parma ham.
Be sure to give the burger buns a smear of butter and chucking it next to the patties on the grill to crisp up.
I love all the textures you can have in one bite, if you can fit it all in one bite that is…
It really is as easy as that to make the Perfect Beef Burgers at home. No more excuses, because the guys over at Biltong@za is ready to serve and present you with excellent quality mince and meat products. Their beef mince is selling at R39.95 a kilo right now guys, so be sure to get your hands on some and ask the crowds to enjoy Burger Night this weekend! Yes? YES!
|Prep Time||40 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 onion grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 large egg
- salt and black pepper to season
- 25 ml olive oil for frying
- 4 large burger buns toasted on the grill
- 1/2 small purple cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to saute mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- salt and black pepper to season mushrooms
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour to cover slices of onion
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan to cover slices of onion
- olive oil to fry onion rings
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
- 1 cup grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1 cup lettuce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 small radishes sliced
- 3 slices parma ham grilled in oven until crispy
- Mix the beef mince with the grated onion, herbs, spices, egg and seasoning.
- Mix through with your hands, shape your beef patties (use oil on your hands to prevent sticking) and leave in the fridge for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan or you can use your grill pan or the braai – and fry the patties a few minutes on each side until ready, made to your liking – medium rare is best.
- Now, when you have all the toppings ready, you can start stacking your burgers the way you like, or just do like me and put everything there is on the bun.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cabbage and mayonnaise and set aside.
- For the mushrooms, heat the olive oil and saute the mushrooms until dry.
- Remove from heat and mix in the yogurt and parmesan. Season and set aside.
- Cover the sliced onions with flour and parmesan and fry until golden.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomato sauce, mayonnaise and chutney for an easy burger sauce.
- Construct and enjoy.
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.