One ingredient you will always find in my fridge is butter.
Since the whole less carb more fat approach became news headlines, I found myself adding an extra spoon of butter to the frying pan with just about everything I cook.
This recipe of Buttered Leeks with Bacon and Avocado is one of buttery perfection, where leeks are sauteed in browned butter, served with crispy bacon and a creamy avocado dressing.
It is a delicious carb conscious meal, and promises to keep you satisfied with delectable browned butter flavors. The creaminess of the avocado and the combination of bacon is well, a match made in low carb heaven. Enjoy!
Serve it as a side to roasts or meats, or simply enjoy it as a meal on its own.
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 300 gr leeks sliced lengthwise in half
- 125 gr streaky bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- microgreens to serve
- salt and black pepper to season
- In a saucepan brown the butter, add the leeks and saute until golden and soft.
- Grill the bacon until crisp.
- Add the sour cream to a mixing bowl with half the avocado, mashed.
- Use the other half of the avocado to serve.
- Serve the leeks with bacon, avocado dip, micro greens and the rest of the avocado.