I was craving a delicious, fresh and crunchy wrap the other day for lunch. It was just such an overwhelming hunger that I simply had to rush to the shops and luckily I got the most amazing brown flour wraps. Not too bad on the kilojoules hey!
Wraps is always a hit when you serve it for lunch and it can even be whipped up for an easy weekday dinner meal. It literally takes minutes to “assemble” and you can add any fresh ingredients you want. There is just no limit when it comes to the fillings for wraps – such a versatile ingredient to work with.
I chose to fill my wrap with a crunchy Chicken and Mayo Salad that consisted of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber salsa, creamy chicken and mayonnaise, chopped pecan nuts and some fresh chives to top it off.
These particular wraps were ready to eat, no heating or toasting required which was great to use for a cold filling. It can easily be heated though; a few seconds in the microwave should do it.
This recipe of Chicken and Mayo Wrap’s filling should be enough for six wraps, or half the recipe if you only need to fill two or three. Wraps freeze pretty good, simply take it out of the freezer the morning before lunch or dinner to thaw gradually.
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper to season
- 4 cups shredded ice burg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- half cucumber sliced
- drizzle white vinegar
- 5 ml garlic and herb seasoning
- handful pecan nuts chopped
- handful chives to garnish
- First off, mix the mayonnaise with the shredded chicken until desired thickness and season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix the tomatoes and cucumber together in a mixing bowl, drizzle with vinegar and season with salad spice.
- Open a wrap on a sheet of baking paper; arrange the lettuce to the middle of the wrap.
- Follow with salad salsa (tomato and cucumber).
- Then ad spoonful of creamy chicken and mayo filling, top with pecan nuts and fresh chives.
- Carefully fold the right side of the wrap over the filling and follow with the left side to wrap around the right.