Sometimes, cooking for the family after a long day at work can seem like an impossible task. It doesn’t have to be, since there are literally tons of easy recipes, that makes cooking at home easy, fun and totally worth it. Especially when it is a delicious and healthy meal.
This recipe of Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake is just that. A perfect low carb recipe, that can be served in less than half an hour; it is sure to please all present.
It consists of cooked, shredded chicken breasts, in a creamy mushroom and celery sauce, topped with buttery sweet potato and mozzarella, baked in the oven to perfection.
Serve this comforting meal in individual bowls, and you are sorted.
You can easily turn it into a Chicken ‘cottage pie’ by substituting the sweet potato with actual mashed potato, or top it with cheddar cheese instead. Simple, easy and delicious! Happy Wednesday!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets cooked and shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup full cream cottage cheese
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- salt and black pepper to season
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and fry the mushrooms, celery and garlic until soft.
- Add the thyme and saute for another few minutes, until all the liquid has reduced.
- Add the cup of cottage cheese, mix until heated throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the shredded chicken and mix.
- In the meantime boil the sweet potatoes until soft, drain and mash with butter.
- Dish the chicken in small dessert bowls, top with mashed sweet potato and mozzarella and bake in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and melted.