I really didn’t have much in the pantry when I made this dish. It was end of the month, meat low in the freezer, only a few packets of half used pasta, the usual tomato sauce and chutneys, and basmati rice.
At least my spice rack made it until then, since my husband buys spices at every market and fare in the universe. So it was here where chicken curry tagliatelle was born.
|Prep Time||35 min, including refrigerating time|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets cut into chunks
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 red onion chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and black pepper to season
- 15 ml olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups tagliatelli cooked
- handful coriander, chopped to serve
- In a mixing bowl add the pieces of chicken and mix with the yogurt, onions, curry powder, garam masala and seasoning. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in fridge.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken pieces, leaving the remainder of the yogurt marinade separately.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the butter and milk, and last add the remainder of yogurt marinade. Cook sauce until thick.
- Mix the chicken and pasta and serve with fresh chopped coriander.
Share this Recipe