Oh the ever so popular lasagna. Comforting, hearty & homey. A perfect dish to indulge in after a hard day of making someone else rich. To sum it all up perfectly.
This recipe of Chicken Lasagna combines the humble chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms and peppers, smothered and layered in a bechamel sauce and pasta sheets. Top it with freshly grated Parmesan and loads of black pepper, bake it until perfection, and well, you will have perfection…
Although there are a few elements here to incorporate, the recipe still stands as a simple and delicious dinner. Serve with fresh salad, or vegetables, I can guarantee the plates will soon be empty. Add your own variety of sauteed ingredients, like onion, zucchini or spinach. Have a good one!
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 2 chicken breasts bone and skin on
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped fine
- 1 yellow pepper chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper to season
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- salt and black pepper
- 6 lasagna pasta sheets
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- fresh basil to serve
- Cover the chicken breasts in water and boil until done.
- Remove skin and bone, cut into small chunks.
- In a wok heat the olive oil and saute the mushrooms and peppers.
- Season with dried herbs and salt & pepper.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter until melted.
- Remove from heat, add the flour and whisk through.
- Add half the milk, whisk until combined.
- Return the pot to the stove, whisking until the white sauce thickens.
- Add the rest of the milk, whisk until the sauce thickens and boils. Remove from heat and season.
- Combine all the elements of the dish together, the cooked chicken breasts, sauteed mushrooms and bechamel sauce. Mix well in a mixing bowl.
- Layer your oven safe dish with pasta sheets, chicken filling, pasta sheets, chicken filling and lastly, top with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.