Another Fathers day is around the corner and if you haven’t been able to plan anything nice or sweet for the Fathers in your life, you’d better get on it. I actually can’t believe how time is just passing by, I wrote this post Coconut Cupcakes for Fathers day nearly three years ago!
This recipe of Ginger, Coconut and Caramel Bars are the perfect little sweet treat to share with the special men on Sunday. It is pretty easy to put together and I suggest getting the little ones in the kitchen this weekend to help out. You can also just bake some cookies if you want, like these crunchy Caramel Walnut Cookies – to die for!
These sweet bites came out pretty rustic and very little effort is required. I used store bought ginger cookies combined with butter to serve as the base for the coconut and vanilla ice filling – obviously smothered in a can of cooked condensed milk and covered with toasted coconut…and more ginger crumble goodness…
Are you feeling the happy vibes, friends?
I hope every Dad gets spoiled rotten this Sunday, let me know how you will be enjoying this special day in the comments below.
|Prep Time||1 hour, including refrigeration time|
- 200 gr ginger biscuits store bought
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tin cooked condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut toasted
- To begin, in a food processor, blend the ginger biscuits until very fine.
- Combine with butter and scoop into a square glass dish.
- Set two tablespoons of crumble aside, and press the rest of it into the glass dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, combine the coconut, icing sugar, vanilla essence and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Now transfer the coconut ice to the cooled glass dish and press the coconut ice down on the cookie base.
- Use a wet dessert spoon to smooth it out. Refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- Next up, spread the tin of cooked condensed milk over the coconut ice, spreading evenly. Back to the fridge for 15 minutes more.
- Lastly, sprinkle toasted coconut over the caramel with a few bits of crumbled ginger cookie. Refrigerate until use, cut with a sharp knife and enjoy.