If you are keen to get the sniffles (like I do) as winter closes in, then no amount of pills and potions can come near a comforting bowl of Chicken, Vegetable and Noodle Soup. Don’t you think?
Now, doesn’t that just sound like heaven in a bowl?
This recipe is loaded with nourishing vegetables, poached chicken and delicate angel hair pasta – all submerged in a warm and flavorsome chicken broth, powered up with ginger, turmeric, garlic and chili for good measure…
You can easily use homemade stock for this recipe if you want, but if you want to use store bought chicken stock, be sure to purchase a low sodium version. Better still, try and source free range bone broth for extra nutrition!
I still can’t fathom why some people don’t like soup (pointing to my husband.) The versatility of this age old dish is unimaginable and I am constantly thinking of ingredients to use in a hearty bowl. I might be obsessing about it too much lately…
I can assure you that this recipe will be a regular around here, especially since it is so comforting and absolutely delicious. To prove how taken up I am by soups this season, check out my Soup Recipe Roundup I did a while back, the perfect organized soup companion… Have good week!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bird eye chili finely chopped
- 5 cm grated fresh ginger
- 5 cm grated fresh turmeric or 5 ml ground turmeric
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock/broth bone broth can also be used
- 2 chicken breast fillets cubed/poached in water with turmeric
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup baby marrow and patty pans chopped
- 2 portions gluten free rice noodles or angel hair pasta
- handful chopped parsley
- black pepper to season
- First off, heat the olive oil in a large pot and saute the garlic, chilli, onion and celery for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot, bring to a boil and add the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables tender.
- Add the angel hair pasta, cook for another five minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Remove from heat, add the herbs and black pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and basil pesto.