So it is Wednesday. Such a terrible and exciting day at once. Terrible, cause you still have three days of work left before the weekend hits. Exciting, because you still have three days of work left before the weekend hits. Catch my drift?
t is then perfectly fine to indulge in some mid week carb and chocolate overload. Yes?
These Choc Chip Banana Muffins did not last long. They were literally whipped up in about 10 minutes and probably consumed faster than that by a little four year old chocolate monster. And his dad.
It consists of a perfectly baked banana muffin, I used my very delicious Banana Bread recipe, with loads of top deck chocolate chunks. You can use any other chocolate if you like, I am guessing dark chocolate will work magic here…
It is a simple and easy recipe, perfect to use up those dreary looking bananas on your kitchen counter. It takes longer to round the kids up, I promise. Enjoy, and hang in there, the weekend is around the corner!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In an electric mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, mix until incorporated.
- Add the essence, mashed banana and yogurt. Mix through on low speed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat until incorporated. Add the choc chips and mix it through.
- Scoop the batter in a muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.