It was an incredible long weekend. I hope everyone’s rested and rejuvenated and ready for a short work week. The way time flies is scary guys…
I just tend to make every second count these last couple of months. When I secretly baked these Melting Moments with Cinnamon Buttercream Filling for our anniversary on Saturday, I knew these delicate morsels are the perfect treat for a special day.
Not only was it a huge surprise for hubby, these Melting Moments taste incredible and can be whipped up in no time.
Safe to say, our special day turned out pretty sweet…
Doesn’t it just look so luscious?
A crumbly delicious moment…
Guys, make your moments last with these easy Melting Moments with Cinnamon Buttercream Filling – because nothing spells out love quite as well as a sweet home baked treat. Have a good week!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 125 gr soft butter
- 1 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- First off, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare an oven safe baking tray with non stick spray.
- Beat the butter, icing sugar, vanilla essence and zest until light and creamy.
- Sift the flour and cornflour and mix it with the butter mixture until combined into a manageable dough.
- You can now transfer your cookie dough to a piping bag if you wish. I used an old cookie press to create pretty shapes with my dough – you can also roll it out and use certain cookie cutters if you want.
- Be sure to place the cookies about 1 cm apart on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
- For the buttercream filling; Beat the butter, icing sugar, vanilla essence and cinnamon until fluffy and creamy. You can add a little milk if the icing is still too thick.
- Spread the cookies with buttercream filling and serve with tea.