EVERYBODY knows it is World Baking Day on the 18th May, right? If somehow you live under a rock, there is still time to make your #PledgeToBake here. This year, the lovely folks from Stork sent the most amazing pledge packs to loads of peeps with awesome recipes and generous baking ingredients.
The idea is to pledge to bake for someone special on Sunday. No excuses here, we all have someone (hopefully more than one) special person in our lives, and I think it is just such an amazingly heartwarming campaign.
I chose to bake for my very talented mum-in-law, who just happens to be a very successful baker, softhearted human, loving mom, amazing woman and incredible grandma.
I was supplied with this magical recipe of Chocolate Brownies. Included in the pledge pack was some walnuts to add to the batter, and boy, does this really put the cherry on top! It adds a lovely crunch to the fudgy brownies – and believe me they are fudgy – and gives a deep nutty flavor.
It is a really great recipe from the talented team at Stork. I recommend putting your cake tin on top of another flat baking tray, as my batter misbehaved and rose over the edges. THEN, I challenge all of you, to bake something special for someone special this World Baking Day, and post your pics on Stork facebook or twitter page. Nothing like the gift of giving! Cheers!
(recipe provided by Stork)
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 135 gr stork bake margerine
- 140 gr milk chocolate chopped
- 3 medium eggs
- 225 gr sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 40 gr cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25 gr cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 55 gr walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Place the Stork Bake margarine in a heatproof bowl, with the chocolate and melt in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir until smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until slightly thickened. Whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt over the bowl and fold into batter. Finally fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 – 50 minutes until cooked. Cool in the tin before cutting into squares.