Every now and then, I get to amaze myself. This doesn’t happen too often though – so take note.
It was another “Bakerman” day for my almost four year old boy at his school. Each mom gets a turn. Lots of swearing and cursing happens in the kitchen then. Lots of wine devoured. Lots of mistakes are made. And evidently, more swearing occurs. Husbands beware. Children, hide… It’s baking time for Mum.
Luckily you don’t have to dread that “bring a plate of eats” or “cupcakes for school” days anymore. This recipe is ridiculously easy and unbelievably chocolatey. Forget the icing. Who needs that when you can indulge in a rich chocolate muffin, with gooey chocolate that just melts in your mouth? Heaven in a muffin.
I used my ever so easy Chocolate Cake recipe that my mom used to bake when I was still a little tjokker. Those memories are so pure and precious; my brother and I would almost always fight for the bowl. Lots of lickin’ and kickin’ – at once.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, prepare a medium sized muffin pan with cupcake liners – this recipe makes about 28 muffins.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 large eggs seperated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 180gr dark chocolate chopped
- 1 180gr top deck chocolate chopped
- In a mixing bowl - sift the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt and mix.
- Add the oil and water, and mix well.
- Add the 4 egg yolks, with vanilla essence and mix until incorporated.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Then add the baking powder, and chocolate chips – leaving a few pieces for decorating the top – and mix well.
- Carefully scoop the muffin liners ¾ to the top and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool (if you haven’t devoured it already)
- Grate leftover chocolate on top and serve.
Hi. Both the dark chocolate and Top Deck have to chopped up and added to the batter?